How to install ActivInspire in Ubuntu 14.04.2 64bit
I've searched a lot about installing ActivInspire in Ubuntu 14.04.2 64bit until I found this guide, but it needs some small modifications.
- Click on the Launcher (Ubuntu Logo on the top left) and search for Software & Updates.
- Open up Software & Updates and click on Other Software. Click on Add button and add the repository for ActivInspire:
deb http://activsoftware.co.uk/linux/repos/ubuntu precise oss non-oss
- Close Software & Updates without choosing to update.
- In Terminal, type this:
sudo apt-key add Promethean.asc
This will add the key to the repository.
- Then, also in Terminal:
sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib
- Now to install the ia32-lib, in Terminal:
echo "deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring main restricted universe multiverse" >ia32-libs-raring.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
- After you installed the ia32-libs, the source of Ubuntu 13.04 is no longer needed. So we need to remove it. In Terminal:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ia32-libs-raring.list
- Now, we need to creat /usr/local/lib32 directory, in Terminal:
sudo mkdir /usr/local/lib32
- Then we need to move a file to our newly created directory and correct its name, in Terminal:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libjpeg.so.8.0.2 /usr/local/lib32/libjpeg.so.62
- Finally! we got to install now ActivInspire, in Terminal:
sudo apt-get install activinspire